Last updated January 2018
Who We Are
Codeweavers Ltd (“we”, “us” or “our”) provide software services and websites for the automotive industry and we understand that privacy and security of your information is important. This Privacy Notice explains what information we collect from you when using this website and why, what we do with it and who we share it with.
We are the Data Controller for the purposes of the information handled via this website and shared with us via any other means. See below under 'Other Useful Information' for more details of our company.
If you are an employee, a job prospect or an ex-employee
- We collect information from you directly when providing information to us when applying for vacancies, through our HR procedures. We may also receive information about you from third parties, e.g. screening services and recruitment practices.
- We collect name, date of birth, address, gender, marital/family status (next of kin), and contact details (such as phone numbers and an email address). Along with banking details and identification documents and any other information that you provide when contacting us directly.
- We process your data on the legal basis of the performance of a contract and also to comply with our legal obligations to you as an employer.
- You may provide sensitive data to us as part of this process, but we will not share/use this information without your explicit consent and it will only be accessible on a need to know basis to relevant HR personnel.
- We may share this information with other organisations that we have selected to provide services to us; for example, payroll services, corporate benefits suppliers, pension providers and professional advisers. We may also share it under our legal obligations, e.g. HMRC or other government agencies.
- We will only store the information for as long as we need to for the purposes described above within web-based workforce management systems and cloud providers (Google).
- A failure to provide accurate and relevant data will mean that you are unable to benefit from any employment contract.
If you contacted us directly
- We collect basic contact details only via our web form, i.e. name, email address, phone number to enable us to assist with any enquiry you may have, along with any other information that you provide when contacting us directly for example, via phone, email or post.
- We don’t collect more information than we need and only store it if necessary.
- We process your data based on the legal basis of you having freely provided your consent and we will not ask for any sensitive data.
- A failure to provide accurate and relevant data will mean that you may be unable to benefit from our assistance.
If you are an automotive retailer/dealer
- We collect information from you directly when providing information to us via our Order Form. Although this is generally information about a business it may include some aspects of personal data, such as names, email addresses, phone numbers and addresses, along with any other information that you provide when contacting us directly for example, via phone, email or post.
- We process your data on the legal basis of the performance of a contract relating to the provision of Codeweavers Platform services.
- On occasions we may process your personal information if we have legitimate reasons for doing so as a commercial business in offering products and services, including sharing with third parties (such as motor finance providers), but only when such use is balanced against your own rights, freedoms and interests.
- We may share this information with other organisations that we have selected to provide services to us; for example, software suppliers and professional advisers. We may also share it under our legal obligations, e.g. HMRC or other government agencies.
- We will only store the information for as long as we need to for the purposes described above within web based CRM systems and cloud providers (Google).
- A failure to provide accurate and relevant data will mean that you are unable to benefit from any contract of services.
Who else might your information be shared with
- We use third-party user tracking services on our forms (Google Analytics), but when you visit our website, your IP address is anonymised before transmission to this service. This means we do not provide them with any personal data which can be attributed to a natural person.
- We don't in any circumstances transmit any personal data outside of the European Economic Area. Our data centres are in the UK and we specify EEA for cloud platform services (Google/Amazon Web Services).
- Please note that these other parties detailed above are also data controllers and will have their own applicable policies for their handling of your data. Please refer to them directly and/or their websites for more information.
How We Secure Your Data
- All the data you send to us is encrypted during transmission using modern, industry standard techniques such as HTTPS.
- All personal data transmitted to or from third parties is encrypted during transmission as per the data you send to us.
- Data is stored on servers in a data centre to which access is restricted and audited. Remote access to that data is restricted to our website services, back office administration systems and authorised personnel responsible for the maintenance and administration of those servers.
- The disks used in our database servers are fully encrypted. Information that could cause harm to you if breached are cryptographically protected.
- Emails that we send to you, in terms of your personal data, will only ever contain your email address and your first name.
- We will never email you with any sensitive data or passwords. We will never ask you for your full password over the phone. No emails are sent that include information about your credit search results.
- We may use two factor or multi-factor authentication to help confirm your identity and prevent unauthorised access to your data.
- Any paper records are kept in a secured filing system, securely uploaded where relevant and always shredded when no longer needed.
How we Store and Process Your Data
- The information you enter on this website will be saved as you input it in order to provide quick and accurate feedback. This mechanism ensures that the data we collect from you is of the highest quality, helping us provide you with the very best levels of service.
- In the event we identify a problem with our service, or you highlight a problem to us, your data may be reviewed and/or processed in order to help diagnose and/or resolve the identified problem.
- Your data may be used in aggregate/statistically for the purposes of tracking the take up of and improvement of our products.
- We do not sell any part of your data to third parties.
- There is no automated decision making involved.
- We don’t record phone calls.
- We will only send marketing materials to you where you actively provided consent to receive it. You are able to withdraw this consent at any time via the links on each email or by contacting us using the details below.
Other Useful Information
- Codeweavers Ltd is a UK company (04092394) with offices at Dunston Business Village, Dunston, Staffordshire, ST18 9AB and are and duly registered in the UK with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
- The accuracy of your information is important. If you change your email address, or become aware that any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date and affecting any of the processing activities mentioned above; or you need to request a copy of the information held about you, please use the Contact Us details below.
- You may request the details which we hold about you by emailing email@example.com, calling 0800 021 0888 or writing to the Data Protection Officer at Codeweavers address above. A small fee of £10 will be payable in advance and we may need to contact you to ensure that we provide the information required to the right person.
- Codeweavers Ltd also trades as Motor Credit Check on the website at www.motorcreditcheck.com, but you can contact us via the details on this website and we will help with any enquiry you have.
Lodging a Complaint With The Information Commissioner's Office
- Under Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to report a concern with a Supervisory Authority which in the United Kingdom is the Information Commissioner's Office.
- You can report concerns via the ICO website, but please give us the opportunity first to understand your issue and see if we can resolve matters with you.
Cookies allow us to remember your preference settings and help enhance the usability and performance of the Codeweavers website and your experience using it.
- You can adjust your Cookies through your browser's preference settings. You can delete the cookies stored on your computer by visiting your Internet browsing settings, then click ‘clear browsing data’ and tick delete cookies and other site and plug-in data.
- Cookies on the Codeweavers website help us identify which parts of the site our users find most beneficial and the type of journey our customers have on the site. It also helps us understand our customer base and what features of our products customers are really interested in.