Student Placement Mathematician
Job Title: Student Placement Mathematician
Location: Barn 4, Dunston Business Village, Stafford, ST18 9AB.
Hours: 8:30am-5pm, Mon - Fri
Salary: £17,500 Per Annum
Applications to: email@example.com
This is the seventh consecutive year that Codeweavers have recruited students from Universities to complete a placement in between studies. This year, for the first time, we are looking for exceptional Mathematicians to join our Data and Insights team. We promise you a hands-on experience from day one, pairing with our experienced Data Analysts and Engineers and working to producing cutting edge web experiences. Best of all you get to work in a very relaxed office (casual dress as standard) where it’s genuinely a fun, great place to work. If you don’t believe us just ask our current placement students!
You will be working as part of our newly formed data and insights team, and you will have the opportunity to shape the future of data analytics at Codeweavers. Your responsibilities will be to analyse and present data, both internally at Codeweavers and externally to our clients.
You should be confident in compiling the results of your analysis and be able to pitch them in a concise and understandable manner. The results of these studies should easily translate into methods of improving the company’s products.
Codeweavers works in a highly Lean and Agile environment. You will be given the opportunity to learn the skills needed to work within a dynamic and technical team and how to plan around this fluid style of project delivery.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with other Data Analysts, Software Engineers and Marketeers.
- Manipulating, analysing and interpreting complex data sets.
- Performing data analysis tasks (data modelling, data cleansing, and data enrichment).
- Aiding in the improvement of internal business practices based on the analysis of data.
- Presenting reports in a clear and concise manner which can be easily understood by different departments.
- Opportunities for Statistical Programming.
Who are we looking for?
We're after enthusiastic, self-motivated individuals who are eager to learn and integrate into our Codeweavers team. Ideally, you will be completing a Mathematics degree (or similar) and enjoy working with Data.