Job Title: Software Engineer (Data Insights)
Location: Barn 4, Dunston Business Village, Stafford, ST18 9AB.
Hours: 8:30am-5pm, Mon - Fri
Starting Salary: £27,000 - £35,000 dependent on experience
Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Codeweavers are looking for a Software Engineer with an interest in Data Analytics to assist in the continued development of the company's software products. Working as part of our newly formed data insights team, you will help us to craft the future of data and analytics at Codeweavers. We process upwards of 3,000,000 finance calculations per minute and transact over 250,000 customer finance applications each year. Your responsibilities will be to aid in structuring and building the architecture that will underpin the work done within the data and analytics team.
We are in the early stages of building a new data platform and you will play a vital role in defining what this looks like in the future. We are looking for an individual who is flexible and can work across the full stack. This role will involve altering existing and building new backend services as well as building frontend user interfaces.
Codeweavers works in a highly lean and agile environment. You will be given the chance to learn the skills needed to work within a dynamic and technical team and how to plan around this fluid style of project delivery.
• Working closely with our development teams.
• Building and Improving our Data and Analytics Platform.
• Enable customers and employees to get their hands on Data in a quick, yet safe and compliant manner.
• Enabling the improvement of internal business practices based on the analysis of data.
• Helping Codeweavers to further understand how data can improve our business.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
• Educated to Bachelor's degree level in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar OR a strong portfolio of work.
• Experience with Full Stack development (We use C# and TypeScript but experience with other languages is welcome).
• Familiarity using web based APIs (JSON and XML).
• Experience with relational databases (such as PostgreSQL or SQL Server).
Below is a list of technologies that form our technology stack. You may not have experience in any or all of the below technologies and that’s fine. You will be given the opportunity to learn and explore any of the technologies that are new to you. Some of them are still pretty new to us too!
• Backend Services (C# and ASP.NET WebAPI).
• Frontend Applications (TypeScript and Angular).
• Analytics Platforms (Snowplow Analytics, Google Analytics).
• Cloud based data products (Google BigQuery, Google Dataflow).
• BI Tools (Looker).
• Cloud storage (Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage).
• Orchestration libraries (Apache Airflow).
More Reasons to Choose Codeweavers
Codeweavers is a growing software company, focused on providing high-performance web services based on SAAS. Codeweavers have a fantastic client base including BMW/MINI, Peugeot/Citroen, Toyota/Lexus, Autotrader & VW Group to name a few.
Codeweavers are well respected for the technical quality of our work as well as the methods we employ to deliver our products and we are keen to develop this reputation further. Codeweavers is built on an ethos of continuous improvement. As part of a focused team, you will encounter many opportunities for both self and team improvement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We believe in respecting our employees and understand that the way to get the very best work from them is to provide a welcoming, relaxed and friendly environment. We also offer the following benefits:
• 23 Days Holiday & Bank Holidays + 1 extra day holiday each year of service
• A selection of fruit and snacks provided in the office all week
• Monthly pub lunch with extended 2-hour lunch break
• Contributed pension scheme for all employees
• Monthly social activities such as Night Outs, Go-Karting, Bowling, Poker night etc
• Opportunities to gain further qualifications
• Opportunities to go to conferences and workshops
• Opportunity to learn through our Codeweavers Academy
• The Codeweavers team take part in several charity challenges throughout the year