Quality Assurance Engineer
You will be working closely with the development team delivering high quality, tested, features and functionality for our range of Motor Finance point of sale and web technology.
At Codeweavers testing is not a department but something that everyone in the organisation is responsible for. Our developers follow Agile principles, delivering software in short iterations (usually every couple of days). They develop new features using test and behaviour driven methods, following the Red - Green - Refactor principle. Your role is to validate the effectiveness of their tests, identify issues as early as possible in the release cycle and help guarantee the very highest levels of quality.
You will join our small QA team and will be trained in our tools and techniques on the job, often pairing with QA or Developers. You will learn to create detailed manual and automated test plans. As part of the team you will be expected to continually review and adapt your processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
Desirable Skills / Aptitude
- Meticulous levels of precision and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members, and when documenting problems.
- Curiosity and willingness to learn about every last detail of new software applications.
- Enthusiasm for the entire software development process.
- Ability to manage and organise workload effectively.
- Excellent numeracy.
- Degree level educated, preferably to a 2.1 level or above.
- Previous experience working in a software testing role.
- Understanding of agile software processes.
- Experience working in or understanding of a continuous delivery environment.
- Good grammar skills.
What we Offer
- Great opportunity to build a career in professional software testing.
- Opportunity to work in a business that genuinely values personal development.
- Great working environment.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Many other great benefits.
Junior to Mid
£20,000 - £30,000
Check out codeweavers.net/careers for more information.
Hours are 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday with 1 hour for lunch.
Holiday entitlement is 23 days + Bank Holidays, rising by 1 day for each full year of service.
The office location is;
Dunston Business Village
Stafford ST18 9AB
Please apply directly by email to firstname.lastname@example.org