Placement UX/UI Designer
Job Title: Placement UX/UI Designer
Location: Barn 4, Dunston Business Village, Stafford, ST18 9AB.
Hours: 8:30am-5pm, Mon - Fri
Duration: 12 months (with the potential for further permanent employment)
Start Date: June 2019
Applications to: https://codeweaversform.typeform.com/to/OmEmgc
This is the seventh consecutive year that Codeweavers have recruited students from Universities to complete a placement in between studies, it is, however, the first year we have been looking for placements to join our design team. Best of all you get to work in a very relaxed office (casual dress as standard) where it’s genuinely a fun, great place to work. If you don’t believe us just ask our current placement students!
90% of students who undertake a placement at Codeweavers then come back to us after they have finished their degree to work here full time.
As part of our design team, you’ll support the design of innovative visual concepts for a wide range of digital projects and initiatives. You’ll be involved with ideation and concept discussions within the design team. You will enhance our product range through exceptional design - creating and delivering an effective look and feel consistent with the experience across a range of responsive websites, web apps and apps.
● Creative problem solving and interface design with a user-centered approach.
● Creation of pixel-perfect mockups and prototypes ready for development.
● Crafting beautiful visual elements (such as illustrations and icons)
● Helping the Marketing team in creating corporate material and communication visuals for internal and external users.
● Building reusable design pattern libraries for future use. Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
● A creative approach to solving problems, with a natural flair for typography
● Good knowledge of industry standard design tools.
● Familiar with web design principles and have a genuine interest in digital creativity.
● Ability to stay organised and work on multiple projects
● Be someone who keeps abreast of new technology, design trends and emerging UI patterns - continuing to study what’s new and finding ways to implement new features in the design process.
More Reasons to Join
Codeweavers is an agile & growing software company, focused on providing high-performance web services based on SAAS. Codeweavers have a fantastic client base including BMW/MINI, Peugeot/Citroen, Toyota/Lexus, Autotrader & VW Group to name a few.
We are well respected for the technical quality of our work as well as the methods we employ to deliver our products and we are keen to develop this reputation further. Codeweavers is built on an ethos of continuous improvement. As part of a focused team, you will encounter many opportunities for both self and team improvement.
Codeweavers is a genuinely great place to work. We believe in respecting our employees and understand that the way to get the very best work from them is to provide a welcoming, relaxed and friendly environment. We also offer the following benefits:
★ 23 Days Holiday & Bank Holidays + 1 extra day holiday each year of service
★ A selection of fruit provided in the office all week
★ Monthly pub lunch with extended 2-hour lunch break
★ Contributed pension scheme for all employees
★ Monthly social activities such as Night Outs, Go-Karting, Bowling, Poker night
★ Cheap cinema tickets at several well-known cinema chains.
★ Free mobile phone insurance
★ Fitness and health discounts, including cheap gym memberships
★ Opportunities to gain further qualifications
★ Opportunities to go to conferences and workshops
★ Opportunity to learn through our Codeweavers Academy
★ Codeweavers choose several charity challenges to participate in throughout the year.