Job Title: Data Engineer
Location: Barn 4, Dunston Business Village, Stafford, ST18 9AB.
Hours: 8:30am-5pm, Mon - Fri
Salary: £35,000 - £42,000 dependent on experience
Applications to: email@example.com
Codeweavers are looking for a Data Engineer to assist in the continued development of the company's software products. Working as part of our newly formed data team, you will help us to craft the future of data and analytics at Codeweavers. We process upwards of 3,000,000 finance calculations per minute and transact over 250,000 customer finance applications each year. Your responsibilities will be to aid in structuring and building the architecture that will underpin the work done within the data and analytics team.
You should be confident working with a variety of data oriented technologies and have a keen interest in the latest “big data” trends and technologies. We are in the early stages of building a new data platform and you will play a vital role in defining what this looks like in the future.
Codeweavers works in a highly lean and agile environment. You will be given the chance to learn the skills needed to work within a dynamic and technical team and how to plan around this fluid style of project delivery.
- Working closely with our development teams.
- Building and Enhancing our Data Platform.
- Enabling employees to interact with Data in a quick, yet safe and compliant manner.
- Enabling the improvement of internal business practices based on the analysis of data.
- Helping Codeweavers to further understand how data can enhance our business.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Educated to Bachelor's degree level in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar OR an exceptional portfolio of work.
- Understanding of large scale data (Best practices and principles).
- Understanding of ETL and Data Pipelines.
- Experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL, SQL Server).
- Experience with NoSQL databases (Cassandra).
- Experience with Programming (C# Ideally, Java, Scala, Python, R).
- Familiarity using web based APIs (JSON and XML).
You may not have experience in all of the below technologies. We are looking for candidates to help shape our technology stack and we will leverage your experience to help us make our decisions or give you the opportunity to learn new technologies.
- Common data toolchain applications (Hadoop, Spark, PrestoDB, Databricks).
- Cloud based data products (Azure HDInsight, Google BigQuery, Amazon EMR).
- Orchestration libraries (Apache Airflow).
- Experience with cloud storage (Amazon S3, Azure Blob Storage).
- Experience with BI Tools (Looker, Tableau, QuickSight).
More Reasons to Choose Codeweavers
Codeweavers is a growing software company, focused on providing high-performance web services based on SAAS. Codeweavers have a fantastic client base including BMW/MINI, Peugeot/Citroen, Toyota/Lexus, Autotrader & VW Group to name a few.
We are well respected for the technical quality of our work as well as the methods we employ to deliver our products and we are keen to develop this reputation further. Codeweavers is built on an ethos of continuous improvement. As part of a focused team, you will encounter many opportunities for both self and team improvement.
We believe in respecting our employees and understand that the way to get the very best work from them is to provide a welcoming, relaxed and friendly environment. We also offer the following benefits:
- 23 Days Holiday & Bank Holidays + 1 extra day holiday each year of service
- A selection of fruit and snacks provided in the office all week
- Monthly pub lunch with extended 2-hour lunch break
- Contributed pension scheme for all employees
- Monthly social activities such as Night Outs, Go-Karting, Bowling, Poker night etc
- Opportunities to gain further qualifications
- Opportunities to go to conferences and workshops
- Opportunity to learn through our Codeweavers Academy
- The Codeweavers team take part in several charity challenges throughout the year